We aim to open our doors again on 15th July 2020 to guests, in line with guidance from the Scottish Government. Before we open it is our priority to ensure that we have policies and procedures in place for guests coming to stay at Press Mains Farm holiday cottages and also to ensure our own safety in the day to day running of the cottages in light of the current climate. With this in mind, we have reviewed how we do things and a summary of our Coronavirus Risk Assessment can be seen below.
The biggest change that we will be implementing as a result of this assessment is to the way we clean our cottages and therefore we have had to temporarily change some of the times relating to check-in and check-out to allow us more time to complete the more detailed cleaning protocols. We will also be asking all guests not to arrive before 5 pm on the day their holiday commences, and to please vacate the property by 9 am on day of departure.
For the time being we have decided that the games room will need to be shut to minimise the risk to our employees and our guests. This will be kept under review so that we can open it up again as soon as we feel it is safe to do so.
All the relevant information in respect of these changes in procedures due to Covid-19, will be emailed or posted out to our guests in advance of their stay with us. As always we will be more than happy to discuss any queries over the phone.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and we hope to see you soon!
INFORMATION FOR GUESTS – SUMMARY COVID-19 RISK ASSESSMENT
The main points are as follows:
OPERATION, GUESTS ARRIVING AND GUEST MOVEMENTS
- A welcome pack will be emailed to guests prior to arrival containing the full risk assessment.
- Guests are provided with mobile numbers for contacts on site in case of any concerns.
- All check-ins are contact free.
- Guests arrival and inductions will be staggered to reduce the likelihood of families coming into close contact with one another.
- Guests will be required to socially distance themselves.
- Employees and management will stay socially distant from guests. After check-in guests will be contacted by phone.
- If urgent maintenance is required, guests will be asked to vacate the property while it is carried out.
GUEST ACCOMMODATION AND CLEANING
- All accommodation is subject to a deep clean between guests and will be performed by a professional cleaner.
- All cleans follow a checklist to ensure that every area is coverd within each accommodation unit and will be recorded to ensure compliance.
- The management will consult a specialist deep cleaning contractor to perform a clinical deep clean if any guests are found to be suffering Covid-19 symptoms.
CHANGING FURNISHINGS AND OTHER STERILISATION BETWEEN OCCUPANTS
- As usual, linens, bedding and towels will be thoroughly washed and changed between occuptants.
- Non-washable bedding (duvets, pillows) will be covered with washable protective covers which will be changed before each arrival.
- Soft furnishings such as leathers to be cleaned with anti-viral cleaner.
- Books and other papers will have been removed and any necessary information and guidance is laminated to ensure it can be cleaned for re-use.
- Curtains and other fixed fabrics are treated with anitviral disinfectant between occupancies.
- Cutlery and crockery are fully washed and sterilised between occupancies.
- As a shared space, it is necessary to close the games room to guests until further notice. It will be re-opened as soon as it is safe to do so.